How to write an Ideal Upwork proposal- Simple and Effective Way To Get Hired.
How to write an Upwork proposal or i should say 𝗔𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗬𝗢𝗨-𝗙𝗢𝗖𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗹𝘀
How to write an Upwork proposal
𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚?𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙖𝙡?
Nowadays, most people talk too much about getting working online but never show how to persuade people with your words. I’ll show you exactly how to get an immediate response by writing 𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 proposals…
𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 proposal is the difference between getting a job or not.
𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗬𝗢𝗨-𝗳𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀?
It involves a simple mind-set shift that includes two key elements: 1: 𝘞𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥-𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯. 2: 𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴.
𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝-𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞
A second-person perspective happens when “𝐲𝐨𝐮” narrates a story about another person. If 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 a quick one, you may realize 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 reading an example of second-person perspective right now. When someone writes about 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 finds it more interesting than if they did not write about 𝐲𝐨𝐮. Why???? Because you became the central character of the story…Now let me describe an example of NOT a second-person perspective. Right…How should 𝐈 describe this? The first-person perspective is where 𝐈 tells a story about me. I’m the hero of my own story. 𝐈 get to talk about how amazing 𝐈 am. 𝐌𝐲 College degree, 𝐦𝐲 work experience, 𝐦𝐲 hobbies, and 𝐦𝐲 interest.
.𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝟏 – “Hi Dear, This is a simple project to me especially as my style is…….”
𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝟐 – “Hello, I am a UX designer from Prague, but I also do short SMM videos……”
𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝟑 – “Hi Lex, I can create a high-quality engaging intro for your As if the appalling spelling and grammar weren’t bad enough to send clients running away, look at how many people wrote about themselves. Most of them didn’t even mention “𝐲𝐨𝐮” at all…
In 1 single proposal was the client’s name mentioned before they start to talk about themself. It is NOT an anomaly…It is how it goes every time someone posts a job on Upwork.90% of the proposals have crap spelling and grammar.99% is 𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐄 Focused…The client doesn’t hire ME, Focused people because they’re not there to help clients. They’re there to make just money from clients.𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏.
The second part of 𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 is a deeper mindset issue.𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 means being able to prove that you can help the other person. It also means showing them that you care about their business, and you actively want to try to help them.𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭.
1) Show attention to detail by addressing them by the first name, if possible.
2) Feed their own words back to them to show you understand their needs.
3) Only talk about your experience or education if it directly proves you can get the job done right.
4) Tell stories about similar projects you’ve worked on in the past and how it turned out.
5) Ask questions about the project for clarification, so you know what you’re getting into.
6) Invite the client to meet you on a call so you can make sure you’re a good fit.
7) Upload relevant samples to show the client what you can Offer to do a sample job if it makes sense, so the client feels more comfortable with you.
9) Consider offering a money-back guarantee, so the client knows you’re serious about quality work.
10) Offer a set number of free revision rounds to help the client feel comfortable with you.
11) 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋!!!𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒𝘖𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘐𝘕𝘈𝘓 𝘑𝘖𝘉 𝘗𝘖𝘚𝘛:𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰, 𝘐’𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘤 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘰𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘛𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 “𝘕𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘬!” 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘈𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶! 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵
𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋
Hi, I saw your job post, and I really like this. As a graphic designer for 25 years, I’ve worked on a lot of projects like this. Plus I studied at Harvard and got a degree which is something I am very proud of. I think if you look at my profile, I will be the shining star among the freelancers to choose from. I am ready to start right now and can work as many hours as possible. Sincerely, contractor
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋
Hi there, saw your job post, and it looks like you need a professional graphic designer. You need help creating simple graphics and logos for your clients that capture attention instantly. I’ve created thousands of logos and graphics for people all over the world, so we could be a fit. Before you consider me, here are a couple of questions to help clarify your needs.Is there any particular style you want from your designs?
What kinds of files do you prefer?
Do you have any deadlines coming up that you need met?
Attached are several relevant samples of work you might be interested in. If any of the designs catch your eye, we should schedule a quick chat.
How to write an Upwork proposal
𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 can change everything in your freelance business. It can empower you to earn a full-time income with part-time work. But there’s a catch…People screw up 𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 all the time…They think they’re 𝐘𝐎𝐔-𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 because they use the word “you.” But you can’t skip the part about proving you can help the other person. If you don’t care about the other person, if you can’t help them, and if you’re just there to make a quick dollar, you won’t make very much money.
Send proposals to jobs when you’re confident you can help the client, or when you’re confident, you can find the answers the client needs. It is about helping people and not making money. Help people first, and the money will follow.